Adoptive families are the answer to many children’s prayers. Adoptive families provide permanent loving homes for children whose biological parents can’t or won’t care for them.
Adelphoi, a premier provider of foster/adoptive services in Southwestern PA, is a licensed adoption agency. Through its affiliation with the Statewide Adoption Network (SWAN), Adelphoi is able to register its adoptive parents through the Pennsylvania Adoption Exchange. Once registered, foster/adopt parents have the opportunity to seek information on adoptable children. In situations where a biological parents’ right are terminated, Adelphoi Village families become a resource for adoption. Although private adoptions can be very expensive, adoptions through SWAN are subsidized when circumstances permit.
Most of Adelphoi adoptive families are approved as foster-to-adopt families with successful adoption of their foster child. Information on adoptable children is available from a number of sources, including:
Adelphoi also provides the following adoption services:
- Family Profiles are a thorough look at a prospective adoptive family’s background, interactions and resourcefulness. The families are challenged to look at their decision to be an adoptive parent and help them to understand the foster children in Pennsylvania that need adoptive homes.
- Family Preparation Training is provided for all families in the eight required SWAN components: Orientation, Who are the Children, Who are the Parents, Parenting, Child Development, Grief and Loss, Attachment, and Resources.
- Child Profiles are formulated, with attention to a child’s past history, in order to provide a comprehensive story about the waiting child.
- Child Preparation helps to prepare children 0-21 years old for permanency. Staff will help the youth clarify, integrate and actualize their lives in order to assist them with an understanding of their permanency.
- Post-Permanency Services are provided as needed to adopted children and adoptive families. A Treatment Plan is developed at the onset of services to clearly outline the goals and people involved in accomplishing these goals.
- Placement Services help match the child and family and assist them in progressing with transition in pre-adoptive families. Finalization Services include training and casework services provided to a potential adoptive family as needed for issues that arise during the six month pre-adoptive placement.
- Child Specific Recruitment is an effort to seek and pursue all avenues to find a family for a waiting child, including looking at people in the child’s life and family members. This service also assists the child with finding and connecting with others to act as a mentor or lifelong resource.
1331 12th Avenue, Suite 305
Altoona, PA 16601
10526 Fairgrounds Road, Suite 3
Huntingdon, PA 16652
Human Services Center
1011 Old Salem Road, Suite 208
Greensburg, PA 15601
The Carl E. Stotz Building
1965 Lycoming Creek Road, Suite 208
Williamsport, PA 17701
For more information on adoption services, please contact Laura Doran at 724-838-9074, toll-free at 1-800-KID-5928 or email@example.com.